- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge 2017
Seasoned plein air painters & novice artists who love the great outdoors. Groups of friends looking for a creative activity & families celebrating spring a painting picnic. You are all invited to the Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge on Sunday, May 7, 2017 from 10 am – 6 pm!
Stay tuned for criteria, painting zone maps, and more!
Let's Get This Whole Province Painting!
Watch our new video, with highlights from #OPC2016 and be inspired to take your art outside this spring!
2017 marks the 6th Anniversary for OPC and we're inviting YOU to come and celebrate this wonderful event! Share your enthusiasm for creativity with your community of artists and neighbours. The Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge is an event that provides a unique opportunity for the visual art communities of BC to come together to make art outdoors. See highlights from 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
This special event welcomes all ages and levels of skill, and encourages participants to try something new, whether that be working outdoors for the first time, or simply within the limitations of the challenge rules.
Each location will have a designated "painting zone" with a variety of subject matter to choose from. Try a cityscape, a waterfront view, the flora and fauna around you, or even the picture in your mind that the day inspires.
Work in acrylics or oils, watercolour or pencil, collage or assemblage, or all of the above! All mediums and points of view are welcome.
Theresa Eaton, Judge's 3rd Place Selection in the Adult (19+) Category, Granville Island, OPC 2014
Ready to challenge yourself? Here's how:
1. Pre-register at your local Opus, either in store or by phone (see contact information below).
2. Sign in begins at 10 am, Sunday, May 7. Stay tuned for the location of the Sign Up & Exhibition Tent at your local Opus.
Please Note: You can expect some locations to have 200+ participants. We thank you in advance for your patience during the sign in process.
3. Find a spot in the designated Painting Zone & begin! Bring your favourite media and tools with you or pick up some new materials before you head out.
4. Return to the Sign Up & Exhibition Tent before 3:00 pm with your artwork so it may be displayed for the exhibition.
5. Visit the Exhibition tent between 3:30 and 4:00 pm to view the artwork. Draw prize winners will be announced at 4:00 pm.
Carol Lafave, Judges 1st Place Selection in the Adult (19+) Category, Opus Downtown Vancouver, OPC 2014
Register for OPUSOPC!
Last year's Opus Outdoor Painting Challenge (OPC) saw a spectacular turn out, with 1300+ artists painting and drawing both nature and city life at Opus locations across BC. Let's get this whole province painting - again!
Register today by contacting the Opus Store you'd like to participate at, or by clicking the buttons below and following the instructions.
Haley S., Judges 1st Place Selection in the Youth (13 -18 y.o) Category Category, Opus Kelowna, OPC 2014
Can't make it to an Opus on May 7th? We encourage you to take it outside and create wherever you are!
Gather a group of friends, a family member, or just capture the beauty of the outdoors in solitude. Post pictures of your day on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #OPUSOPC (be sure your privacy settings are set to public for these images so we can see them and /or to tag your post with @opusartsupplies, too)!