- Online Store
- Custom Canvas, Stretcher Frames, & Panels
- Fine Art Digital Printing & Mounting
- DIY Picture Framing
- Shopping at Opus Stores
- Shopping Online & By Phone
- Save as an Opus PLUS Member
- Visiting Artist Demonstrations
- How-to Library
- Classroom Space Rental
- Community Workshops & Classes
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter
- Business-to-Business Services
- Art Education & School Accounts
- Community Support & Donations Program
- Art & Community News
- Locations & Ordering Info
Art Education & School Account Services
At Opus, our goal is to help our community and our customers thrive and develop in all that they do. As a result, we have always maintained a passionate focus for developing the arts & culture in our community. We believe that art education helps to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills, which leads to a healthier and more productive society for us all.
We recognize that teachers in the field of art represent an extraordinary group of hard-working individuals who we can work with to facilitate development of the visual arts. As such, from day one, we have created programs which are focused on meeting the needs of art educators and organizations that teach visual arts. Providing an educational discount on supplies purchased for classroom use is one of the ways we do this.
To serve the needs of classrooms from K-12, we have produced a the Opus Art Education Catalogue, with products carefully chosen from our vast selection of art materials.
To view and avail yourself of the Opus Educator's Discount prices, you must be logged in on your School Account. If you do not have one, you can register here. School Accounts receive the Opus Educator's Discount price or the Opus member sale price, whichever is lower.
If your school is interested in setting up a school or institutional account so that you can access our art education discount, please download and complete the application that pertains to your organization. Or feel free to contact our Opus Accounts Services Department directly for more information.
- Credit Application for Government Funded Schools / Accredited Institutions / Government Agencies
- Credit Application for Businesses / Charitable Organizations / Independent Schools
One of the most important programs we offer is a long-term partnership with the British Columbia Art Teacher's Association (BCATA). Our partnership provides members with an exclusive discount which they can use for their professional development. If you are at teacher who is interested in this, please visit their website at http://bcata.ca/about-us/awards/bcata-excellence-awards or telephone the British Columbia Teacher's Federation at 604-871-2283 or 1-800-663-9163 toll free. Another aspect of our support for the BCATA is to provide ongoing support for their annual conference in the form of donations and in-kind initiatives.
OTHER PROGRAMS OF INTEREST INCLUDE:
- Community Support & Donations Program: donations and publicity opportunities for non-profit art events & initiatives
- Community Workshops & Classes: a FREE online database of classes and workshops
- Artist & Store Demonstrations: learn from local artists and professionals about techniques, materials & ideas
- How-to Library: FREE downloadable materials designed to help teach you about art materials and how to use them
- Opus Visual Arts Newsletter: includes opinions, articles and art news events happening in the local art community
If you have a question about any of our services for Art Educators, we encourage you to ask at any of our stores or contact our Accounts Services Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 604-435-9991 ext 1 (toll-free: 1-800-663-6953).